Thursday, October 04, 2007

School holidays #7

Bit behind with the posting here. The plans have kind of gone out the window, because the boys have both come down sick :(

So for Tuesday: We were going to catch up with Jess up at Elwood, but she wasn't well, and as it turned out, the boys got sick too. Instead we stayed around home and they vegged watching ABC kids, while I got some housework done, then we headed off down to the shops. While we were there we picked up some sausages and bread and headed off to Mt Martha park, for a play, and I thought I'd use the BBQ's there to cook the sausages for lunch. By the time I pulled up at the park, I looked in the back seat and both boys were sound asleep. Thinking that if I woke them they'd be ferral, I drove home to let them sleep. As murphy's law would have it, the minute I parked in the garage (yes, can get the car in the garage now!) and got out of the car, they woke up :( We cooked the snags on the BBQ at home, and played in the garden. Later we ventured out the front, to weed one of the garden beds. BIG job, but one is now done. Only 12 more to go. Remind me why we bought a corner block with TWO massive nature strips? While I weeded the boys played. They rode their bikes, played with the neighbourhood kids, dug in the garden with me, collected bugs, but couldn't find the bug catcher, so Liam decided to use Bretts fishing esky to collect snails in. Gross! He made them a nice little home, with grass, branches etc, and even a container of water. Ewwww, I hate snails. I have a total phobia of things that don't have legs. Especially the squishy kind. Worms, slugs, snails, jelly sacks etc.

I used to love gardening at our old place, and we had a beautiful garden, but then I started taking photos... and well, that pretty much took up all of my time since then ;) Maybe not waiting for DH to do things, and just doing them myself isn't such a bad thing. I do refuse to mow the grass though. I know once I do it, it will also become one of my jobs. I'd rather pay someone to do it, than give myself another job

7 comments:

connie said...

sorry to hear the boys are unwell... hope they are feeling better soon..
you sure have had a busy school holidays.....

Do you want to come and play in my garden sometime..lol.. mine is oh so sad looking.. we did plant some roses yesterday.. fingers crossed they grow!!!

hope to catch up soon...

Connie...xxxx

Jess said...

So sorry I had to cancel Tuesday, but I spent the day lying on the couch eating painkillers and with an ice-pack on my shoulder. It's still not better!

I'm sorry the boys are sick too. Hope they bounce back quickly.

Jess

Beverley said...

That is exactly how I feel about the grass - and so it goes on growing! We have millions of little slaters in our garden - so I don't much enjoy gardening either. And yay for getting the car in the garage - that would be one of my goals too.

Gayle said...

oh dear...hope your day was better today.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the boys are unwell :( I have to admit our garden got away from us a little but it's now looking so much better . . . amazing what a 'team' effort can achieve - *grin*

Karen L said...

Oh Katie hoping the boys are much better now and that you are all fighting fit again. I feel the same way about mowing - have only done it in an emergency, lucky I have a husband who feels guilty when I mow and I like to keep it that way.

welcome to my world said...

hope the boys are ok babe.