Saturday, August 04, 2007

Toilet training

You may not want to know this... but I want to record it.

Over the past few weeks, Ethan has been toilet training himself. I've been very lucky. I guess he just watches Liam and has pretty much worked it all out for himself. Our laundry comes off the family room, and I have his potty in there and often I'll walk into the kitchen and see him in there just sitting on the potty, doing what he needs to do :) If he's at the other end of the house, he'll climb up onto the toilet - no step or *little bottom insert seat thingy* needed (good - one less thing to have to clean constantly). I haven't prodded him along at all, just encouraged him when he did go etc. A few weeks ago we made the switch to pullups. He loves his "HUNDIES". Really only because he was doing all the right things, and pulling his nappy down to go to the potty, but then couldn't get it back up, so he'd just ditch the pants altogether. In the past 3 weeks I've only changed 2 dirty nappies. We've still had quite a few wet pullups, but no dirties - YIPEE. For the past two days his pullup has still been dry at bathtime (after dinner). What a little champ. There was even one night last week, when he *accidentally* slept in no nappy... I let him run around with just his pj's on after his bath to see how he went, and forgot all about it. Brett put him to bed, and had no idea that he didn't have a nappy on. Didn't wet the bed!

*Sniff*, pretty soon I won't have to go down that baby isle at all, when I'm shopping :(

But speaking of babies... I just updated the photoblog again.

6 comments:

Nat said...

Way to go Ethie! Its amazing how when they're ready, they'll do it pretty much themselves hey :) I was sooo blessed with Jaidyn that once he was trained in the daytime, he was at night too - went straight to no nappies at night! I'm not really expecting it with Eli or Lani though coz I know most kids need to go to bed with a nappy on... but anyway!

You'll be able to save that extra nappy money and do something special with the boys instead :)

welcome to my world said...

hay fun with litte O today i can't wait to see some pic's.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so green!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Ethan.....that's so good Katie!Don't worry about not going down the baby isle....it won't be long and you'll be going down the teenage isle...LOL! AND that's an experience it itself........

Jody White said...

Wow thats great, your so lucky. Although Jamie was really good when it came to toilet train. It definately helps if they have an older brother I'm sure.

Ange said...

Ethan is a star...I'm so jealous! Wish Georgia was that enthusiastic about toilet training.