Friday, July 27, 2007

Wow, what a week!

I've been so flat out this week. I was going to try and keep up to date with my blog a bit better, but just didn't have a spare minute in the day. I had two shoots last weekend, and while that is wonderful it's also a lot of hours of editing, and again I worked myself into the ground and ended up sick :( I have to chat to my mum and MIL about that and see if they can take Ethan for a day a fortnight for me, so I can get a little more in, because.... I've double booked every week, and only have EIGHT places left for pre-Christmas photos! The phone and email have gone crazy in the past 24-48 hours. :)

I am so very, very blessed though. To have a job I LOVE. To have mumma's call me in tears (happy tears!) when they have just received their proofs because they love them. Ahhhh, not many jobs give you that much satisfaction. Lucky, lucky, blessed girl I am.

So my first little darling this week was Jacinta. Cute hey. She's such a beautiful, fun and happy little girl. She's quick too!



















Then this little sweetie-pie is Sophie. Isn't she just delish!
There are more from both shoots here.














Ethan and I went to Mainly Music again this week. We had so much fun. This is only the second time it has run, and it's growing so fast. Nat's mum is one of the leaders, so for the past few weeks they have practiced on Nat (and Caitlin) and another of Nat's friends. The first week they were apparently expecting a few more, and I think there were about 7 of us? This week there was about 15! When I dropped Ethan off at childcare this morning his carer handed me a clipping from the paper and said "I saw you in the paper". LOL I had no clue! We don't get the local paper here, so she cut it out and gave it to me. Nat and Caitlin are there too, along with me and Ethan. I knew the photographer was there last week, I was just trying to stay away from him LOL Thought with my luck he'd get my pic with me butt out doing the chicken dance or something LOL. Didn't though, it was a nice tame one with Ethan on my knee, and I'm looking at him so no one would know it's me anyway. I'm much better behind the camera than infront of it ;)

Well I'm off to bed early tonight (as soon as I've updated the photoblog).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out those eyes Katie.....just stunning shots......you are so good at what you do.
It's great that you and Ethan have this time together with the music....I can just see you doing the chicken dance.....da...da...da..da...da...da..dah!
da...da...da...da...da...da...dah...

Anonymous said...

Great to hear your loving your job and you have plenty of happy customers (not that I had any doubts....lol). Your very talented Katie:)

Take care of yourself and try and find some time to relax and unwind.

Have a wonderful week end. Love from Susan (smiles1965) at Scrap Pile.

Jess said...

Hope mine is one of the 'booked in' ones!

Mainly Music sounds like fun. I did Gymbaroo with Ethan for 3 years and about 6 months with Angus. It was great to spend that dedicated time with each of them without any other distractions.

Jess

connie said...

You already know how much i love these photo's Katie..

and take care of yourself... take a break...

talk soon....
Connie...xxx

Karen L said...

Katie you are indeed blessed to have a job that you just LOVE. I can imagine how much satisfaction you receive from having people happy from your hard work. A friend of mine has a buisness delivering flowers and he feels the same way.

By the way - your photos are awesome. I could not imagine any parent not being happy with them.