Sunday, March 26, 2006

Tagged

Ooooops I SO forgot that Megan tagged me!! Sorry : (

What scrapbook lines/products, etc. do you dislike?
Well I don’t like those photograph papers, you know the ones of gum-leaves and popcorn etc, or the cutsie ones with cartoon characters drawn on them… but who does. In the more realistic world I just can't use the Heidi Masks. They just don't work for me, although I love other people's work using them (think I'm just a nuffer)

What is the hardest thing you have ever had to scrap?
I still haven’t done the hard stuff! I’ve had a really blessed and easy life so far. I’ve never really lost someone I loved. Although my grandparents have passed away, I never really new them as they were overseas. I’ve never been seriously ill, nor have any of my loved ones, and I’ve never had huge life altering dramas. Some might say I’m boring, I’d rather say I’m blessed. I do need to think about my journaling a bit more, and make an effort to record the real heartfelt stuff. (The stuff you have to really think about LOL)

What technique do you use more than anything else?
Inking, sanding and sewing.What is the smallest scrap of paper you save?
I save too much, (even little strips!) I need to clean out my scrap drawers! Each time I make a layout I try and make a card out of the scraps, but it doesn’t ‘t always happen. I hardly use the scraps I save on layouts, so I really should just toss them out. Although occasionally I do make layouts entirely out of scraps.

Have you ever had any scrapbook related injuries?
Ditto Megan’s answer:
“Not yet, I have had sore fingers from using my craft knife for long periods though lol.”

Finish this sentence, "If I wasn't a scrapbooker/stamper, I would spend my money on..." Finishing off this house!!!!!!! Beautiful bits and pieces to make this house a home, and a well earned holiday… and a new car. (but I don’t think I spend that much)

Give us your best storage or organizational idea.
I love my baggie system. When ever I get new stash I match up papers, embellishments, a sketch, quote, journaling, photo/file number of photo and bag it all together in a 12x12 zip lock bag. I use up lots of my existing stash this way, and the organizing bit is something I can do at the kitchen bench while the boys are playing (most of the time). Then when I do sit down to scrap everything is ready to go.

I also keep all my scraps (the huge amount I have) in those little A4 draw units. Each draw is colour coded.

You just won a week long scrapbooking cruise for 5. Who is going with you?
The MELBOURNE PEAS!!! Imagine if we actually got to scrap together one day LOL!
But there are also so many girls Aust & International I’d love to scrap with and learn from: Becky Higgins for her ability to create classic pages that will still look great in 10 years, Rach Richter for her photography, Kim Archer for her ability to throw it all together and make it look stunning, and I’d have to bring Robin Middendorf (gingham grasshopper) from 2peas… because I just LOVE her work.

When you received your first publication notification, who did you tell?
Well that was back in the day! Before the time of email (well for me anyway)! I used to post off the originals, then Krys would either call, or you’d find out when they posted them back. I told DH in the back doorway AS SOON as he walked in from work. I was grinning like a Cheshire cat. It’s not the coolest page anymore though!

After answering the questions, tag four of your buddies.
You're up next Megan, Kathie, Sarah and Nic . Sorry if you've already been tagged!

2 comments:

kathie said...

What's a nuffer, lol? I can't use them either, so I must be one too. Loved reading your answers. I'm off to have a think about mine now.
Kathie

Anonymous said...

Katie, The zip lock bag idea sounds great ... where do you usually buy these from?
PS hope you had a great time at the wedding. great day for it.!